Monday, May 26, 2008

Camping In Grantsville

Ok, so I may have been skeptical when I heard that we had changed our camping plans from Bear Lake to Grantsville Reservoir, but it ended up being really fun. I think we could camp anywhere and still have fun because it's always a good time when we get together. So, my Mom made dutch-oven lasagna for one dinner, and she brought Lindsey this tiny little dutch oven to cook her own portion with out cheese (Linds is lactose intolerant, believe me- none of us want her to have cheese either) Anyways, so Linds made it and stuck it in the fire. When she pulled it out to see if it was done, it was burnt into a crispy little hockey puck. Oh dear. And, she wasn't even drunk. Before she burnt the lasagna, she was showing everyone how cute it was and introduced it to Jason and the other Lindsey as her "cheeseless vagina." Not on purpose. But we thought it was so funny that we had to get all the girls together and take a cheesless vagina picture with all the vaginas in camp. Oh these ladies are nuts! :) We went on a four-wheeler ride (or "fee-weewin" as Max calls it), it was so much fun! Max kept telling me to go faster! We tried to make it up the hill below, but Lindsey and Jason's quad didn't quite make it and flipped backwards! I am so glad that they tried it before me and Max! The infamous hill After I took this picture of Max, he said "Am I cute or what?" Grantsville reservoir is more like a pond than a lake, but the dogs love to swim and Matt and the boys loved to fish! It was really pretty, but very windy down on the shore. There was a spill way that looked like a giant water slide. Chase told me to film him while he did a cool trick across it, well right as I was about to record, a dog fell in and started sliding down! Chase jumped down and saved him! Amazingly, we got it all on video:
This is the last night. Everyone was going to go home, because we thought it was going to rain, but it ended up being the nicest night. I love the colors in this picture- they are so purpley, it looks fake! And, look at Max's cute face :) Here are some more pictures from our trip: (Yes, that is my brother in a bra) Matt wanted me to add this video of him throwing the football 8,000 feet away:

Thanks for a fun time everyone! We can't wait for the next one!

3 comments:

Goosetavis said...

So I am crackin up at the picture of the dog falling in because Lindsey's laugh is so recognizable and LOUD!!! It it keeps going...and going...and going. I love that girl.

Goosetavis said...

So I am crackin up at the picture of the dog falling in because Lindsey's laugh is so recognizable and LOUD!!! It it keeps going...and going...and going. I love that girl.

Becky said...

Fun times! So I guess it's not too hard taking a little baby camping? I've always wondered...