Thursday, November 18, 2010

Together We Can

My sweet, artistic Max
decided to enter in the Reflections contest this year.
The theme was "Together We Can"
We brainstormed a million ideas,
then he said he wanted to draw a picture of a firefighter because they keep us safe.
(AND, his new goal in life is to be an EMT in a helicopter that goes around protecting people, kinda like a superhero, actually yeah, EMT are superheroes...)
ANYWAYS, he then decided that he better draw a policeman too,
because they also keep us safe.
Gosh, he is amazing.
I got a call a few days ago from the PTA woman in charge of Reflections,
she said "Max won a prize, so make sure you guys are at the awards ceremony on Thurs."
Of course I called, well texted, everyone.
(here is Max's sweet entry below)
BUT, I didn't know which prize he won.
So, they called up the honorable mentions......
they didn't call Max
They called up 2nd place......
again, they didn't call Max
(OMG that means he won 1ST PLACE!!!!!!!!)
They called up Max, and I BURST into tears.
His beautiful little drawing gets to compete with the other schools,
and possibly further.
He won a little golden trophy with his NAME on it.
He was SOOOOOO proud.
WE are all so proud!

(me, red-faced and gooey eyed)
Whew! What a night!
Here is a video of Max accepting his award :)
EXTRA thanks to everyone who came to support our BIG boy.
(And thanks to Beth for taking pics while I videotaped, and for Momma having an extra memory card, phew!!)

Tonsillectomy is tomorrow.
Send us lot's of prayers and good thoughts!
I will post lot's of cute pics tomorrow of Maxxy in his hospital gown.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh,we are so proud of Max! Cheers to his Mom and Dad for encouraging his artistic abilities. We love you all!
Dan and Beth

Mackay Family said...

That is so awesome! Way to go Max.

Melissa said...

Good job Max!