
Ahhh, the long awaited and dreaded tonsillectomy is over!
They also took out his adenoids, so he had a "T&A"
(in cool nurse lingo)
To prepare for the surgery,
Grampa Dan and Grama Beth made possibly the coolest thing ever,
They altered this book (originally about a girl)
to make it special JUST for Max
ha ha ha
Max was actually really excited.
THAT made things so much easier on me,
I can't imagine what I would've done if he had been nervous or scared.
He got to play X Box 360 while we waited to be called back...
Me and Matty sat and ate bagels and drank coffee,
then at about 8:10 they told us he was done!
It was so fast!
About 10 min later, I got to go see him.
He was groggy, crying, and looked miserable.
He stuck his finger in his throat, and refused to drink anything.
He was so ready to go home.
He wouldn't even crack a smile
They gave him more pain meds, and he was still so unhappy.
He threw up a few times on the ride home, and once at home after some soup.
That anesthesia can be yucky.
Grama Roni brought him a Scooby Doo video game
and new jammies, so he is relaxin' and playin'
He is smiling, has a funny voice, and very bad breath.
I am so glad the scary part is over!
SUCH a strong boy!



2 comments:
So brave Max. Hope you have a speedy recovery!
I don't think your dad would appreciate being called Grama. I am so glad everything went well. Hope he is recovering without being too miserable.
Post a Comment