Monday, December 8, 2008

Woh

Last Wednesday, Matt's good friend Drew collapsed in a bar at 2am.
He stopped breathing, no pulse.
Kenny (Matt's brother) called the ambulance, his other 2 friends started CPR.
The EMTs got there, continued CPR- still nothing.
Finally, at the hospital- after almost 40 minutes of CPR, he was revived.
He had a severe heart attack at age 29.
No previous history of heart problems.
He was put into a coma so he didn't go into shock.
For days, they did testing and we all expected the worst.
Early Saturday morning,
Drew woke up, looked at his dad, and said "What the hell happened to me?"
He is ok.
It is a true miracle.
I know someone was looking after him that night.
1. It happened at 2am, normally he would have been at home asleep. He would have not gotten immediate CPR, and would have died.
2. His friend that started the CPR is a RN- how coincidental is that?
3. He got to the hospital fast thanks to his friends.
And that's not it....
On Thursday, Max and I said a prayer for Drew.
On Friday, Max called Matt to say good night cause he was sleeping over at his Grama's
And he said, "Dad, I did you a favor."
Matt said, "What?"
Max said, " I made your friend not sick anymore."
The next morning is when Drew woke up and talked.
Woh

2 comments:

Nicole said...

That was so sweet of Max. I love that kids know/think that they can solve big problems with their little thoughts. I hope that Drew knows how lucky he is to get a second chance at life.

Goosetavis said...

Now that I have met Max, I have a little faith.