Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Sick

Jack and Max have been sick off and on for months. Anyone that knows me knows that I like to avoid doctor's offices and medicine as much as possible, BUT the boys just keep getting sick! I took Jack to Instacare this morning, he isn't eating/drinking and is very lethargic (which is the extreme opposite of the normal him) And he has had a fever, vomitting, and wheezing....again. He is already on the brink of asthma, so this doesn't help. They did a neb treatment on him, then luckily he drank some pedialyte so they didn't have to give him IV fluids. His lungs were rattley so they did a chest xray. It was the saddest thing ever!! See the picture below:

He was in the plastic tube with him arms in the air and he was much more upset than the calm child in the picture. Oh it was AWFUL!!
Well, his xray showed signs of pneumonia and he also has an ear infection.
Poor little bug.
So now we are stocked up on augmentin/tylenol/ibufprofen/albuterol inhaler/pedialyte.
Get better soon my love.


2 comments:

esianoyam3 said...

Awww. Poor little monkey. :( That first picture is absolutely priceless, though.

Sparky has another ear infection, too. Nothing as serious as all that, though.

I hope everyone starts to permanently feel better soon.

Goosetavis said...

Oh that is the saddest thing ever!!! I am SO sorry Jacky. Hope you and Max feel better. Ash, that is rough. Love you guys and miss you.