Sunday, March 9, 2008

I have officially decided to have no more than 3 kids



I have had my almost 7 year old nephew Andrew over these past couple weekend. Don't get me wrong, he is a wonderful kid. He helps me out a ton and really love having him over. But, when Matt is gone, trying to juggle breastfeeding, making waffles, baths for all three of them, brushing teeth, washing and spiking hair, finding outfits for them, chasing them around the house while they are naked and dripping water all over the floor, all one handed because Jack wants me to hold him (not that I mind) is quite a challenge. I was exhausted by noon. Then, Lindsey and I decide to be adventurous and take the 3 of them to the park. Andrew wants to show off his running skills- so he is far ahead, Max is absolutely THE SLOWEST person ALIVE (he gets it from his Dad) and he has to pick up every flower, branch, and rock and Jack decides he doesn't want to ride in the stroller anymore because he wants to cuddle with Mom. So, we get to the park and Andrew is trying to swing off the highest pole on the playground and Max is whining because he is scared to climb the tree, THEN they have to go pee. Of course the bathrooms are closed... So we try and be sneaky and have them climb up this hill to go behind a tree. Well, Max decides the hill is scary and starts pulling his pants down in the middle of the park, then Andrew is halfway up the hill yelling "Should I go pee right here?!" Linds and I just give up on being sneaky and yell back, "Yeah, whatever..." On top of everything Max and Andrew love to bicker like old women and love to tattle on each other non-stop. Lindsey had thought she wanted 4 kids, I hadn't made up my mind, Well..... we both decided 3 is enough adventure for us. But oh man, aren't they cute?

3 comments:

The Morgans said...

I just smiled to myself while reading this. It reaffirms only having 3 for me too. I got to shower with both my babies today. Ah, the long lost memory of privacy. Oh well, we love more and more everyday!!!

Becky said...

Sounds like a handful!! Having a bunch of kids is a daunting task... But maybe it works out when the oldest ones are able to help out with the youngest ones. ?? (This is purely speculation, as I have only one baby! :))

Goosetavis said...

Your outings sound like so much fun! Next time, ivite me and we can each be in charge of one.