Sunday, January 11, 2009

Lucky Wendover



For Christmas, my Dad and Beth bought me and Matt a trip to Wendover to see Aaron Lewis (from Staind) and of course to play and gamble. We have been dying to get out to Wendover and have been impatiently waiting for 2 weeks to go!! Poor Beth got hit by a car earlier this week, so we were all afraid she wouldn't be able to go. But, she was so tough! My dad rented her a wheelchair and she stayed up all night with us. I am so glad she still made it!


About 5 minutes after we got there, my dad (with his lucky charm from Max- a little BATMAN toy) turned a $20 bill into $520!!! He is the luckiest man ever. He kept winning all night!!
After a yummy buffet, we headed over to the concert hall. It is the coolest place ever. We were about 15 feet from Aaron Lewis (can you tell from this picture I took??), and we had little tables and margaritas! I never want to see a concert anywhere else. Aaron was AMAZING. Wow what an awesome voice he has. He did all of our favorite songs (Massachusetts and Zoe Jane were my favorite) and he also covered a couple songs. Some guy in the audience yelled out, "Your voice is like a mixture between Fergie and Jesus!" For some weird reason it kind of makes sense, ha ha.
Here is a video I took from the concert. He is covering a Stephen Bishop song, and it is oh so much better than the original


Matt and I were the big losers of the night, we finally gave up and just followed my Dad around to watch him win. He seriously won at EVERY machine! We had so much fun and we learned all of his tricks to win.
This morning we woke up and headed over to the Nugget to have breakfast and play a couple more games. Matt spotted a machine and said- Hey is that sponge bob? We went over to it, and nope it was nickel machine called Nurse Follies. He felt the machine call to him, so we stuck our final $20 bill in it and played together. After we lost $10 of the $20, I looked at Matt and said- should we stop? He shook his head and pressed the "SPIN" button again. We got down to $3, and I stuck my finger on the button. All of a sudden the machine says "10,150" credits won!!
I said- Matt!! That's over $500!!!!!!
We were freaking out!! After our long losing streak, we won BIG! Thanks Max for our lucky charms- I had Hulk and Matt had Wolverone- how could we lose?
We walked calmly over to my dad and Beth and just showed them our slip that showed our winnings. They both yelled! Oh it was awesome!

Thanks so much Dad and Beth! We had SUCH a fun time!!!!

Until next time Wendover Will......

3 comments:

Jen M said...

I have to tell you how much I absolutely love your posts. you seriously should write for a living. Congrats on the winnings you guys totally deserve it!

Natalie said...

That is Aweseom!!! I never win that big..maybe I will need one of Max's lucky charms. Jesse and I def want to go on the next Wendover adventure!

lou,chase, and marley said...

oh i am sad! i want to go so bad!! i am dying!! you guys are awesome