
I can't believe I haven't written about this yet.
What a special day!
Max and I went to Kindergarten orientation at the beginning of the month.
He was SO excited!
We pulled up to the school and pulled into a parking space,
and Max says: "Ok bye Mom!"
I said: "I am coming with you buddy"
He said (crushed): "I don't get to go to school today?"
I explained that we were just checking things out.
We walked inside,
He had a big smile on his face,
Max: "This is MY school?!"
We went and sat in the little auditorium,
He said: "Mom, but these kids don't know my name"
I told him that he would have to tell them his name.
The very sweet principal and both Kindergarten teachers introduced themselves,
Then they had all the kids stand in a line so they could walk down the hall and check out their new classroom,
Yep.
That's when Momma's tears started flowing.
My baby is so big!
He looked so proud and I was SO PROUD!!
It took every ounce of my self control not to follow him to make sure he was ok.
The school administrators just KEPT TALKING,
Come on! I thought- I need to check on him!
FINALLY the parents got to go to the classrooms.
There he was,
My big MAX-
Coloring and talking to the other kids,
He was OK, better than OK, He LOVED it,
After I finally convinced him to go-
He yelled: "Bye! Thank you teacher!"
Man I am lucky.
Don't worry,
I am mentally preparing myself for his first day of school,
I just hope the teachers don't mind if I stare thru the classroom window for a few hours,
Just in case he needs me.....
5 comments:
You can share the window next to mine. I have my lawn chair ready to go.
Ashlee, I still remember the first day with Colby. Rob an dI both stayed home from work and waited for him. When he did not show up, we got in the car to go looking for him. There he was just walking home playing with his friends without a care in the world. It was obvious he didn't miss us a bit and we were both bawling. We went home and waited for him but it was never the same again. Good Luck!
OH So Sweet! I feel the same way about my baby! I can't even believe how fast they grow up...sniff...
I just registered The Princess for kindergarten a couple weeks ago. I'm soooo not ready for it! Especially since she'll have to take the bus to school.
Cute, way cute. You're a good mom!
Post a Comment