I have never felt more like a girl than I did today. I went to afternoon tea at Grand America with my Mom, Grama Mary, Aunt Punky, Aunt Wendy, Justine(my Weenie), and Jack.
Today is my crazy Grama Mary's 69th Birthday, (Happy Birthday Gram!!)
We were all in nice clothes, mostly dresses, and sat on these fancy english style couches, in this beautifully extravagant room next to a woman playing the harp. First, they brought us champagne and a plate of berries, crackers, and 3 types of cheese, (the blue cheese was to die for!) Then, we picked our flavor of tea- I picked chocolate mint tea- and some yummy finger sandwiches and blueberry scones with lemon curd, mmmm! Then, we got to pick out 3 different desserts plus strawberries and whipped cream. Oh my gosh! It was delightful!!!
We laughed the entire time- whether it was about boys going thru puberty, my Grama flipping her birdy finger or mouthing naughty words at Punky, or just old memories of all of our crazy adventures together. My nutty Grama, oh she was cracking us up. The waitress gave her the desserts and the strawberries and she said, "Well, I could've done without the strawberries." So she throws one at Punk and gives the others to Weenie. She realizes the whipped cream is for the strawberries, so she says, OH give me one back. We are a bunch of loud and nasty woman and I LOVE IT!!!!
This was one of the coolest parts. See that flower in the glass? It used to look like a shriveled up weed, then the waitress added hot water and it bloomed into this! It is also a tasty tea- I need to get some of these!
Thanks SO MUCh for the girls day Momma!
1 comment:
I had a great time, but grama is looney! We will do it again!
Love you babe,
Mom
Post a Comment