Sunday, May 2, 2010

Homemade Gyros and Freddy!

Last night, Matty and I tried something that we had never dared to do before!
We made Homemade Lamb Gyros.........
Oh, can I tell you- they were amazing!
Here is our made-up recipe if you wanna try!

Pitas
2 tomatoes
1 red onion
1 head of lettuce
(we used butter lettuce, my fav!)
1 small leg of lamb roast
(we had the butcher slice it paper thin,
and we also took off most of the fat)

2 cucumbers
1 container of Greek yogurt
Feta cheese
Olive oil
Tarragon
2 cloves of garlic
1 lemon
Salt
Pepper

For the cucumber sauce:
Peel and dice both cucumbers.
Take 1/4 of the red onion and dice it up small.
Add salt, pepper, and a little tarragon.
Squeeze lemon on top.
Add the yogurt.
Stir!

For the meat:
Get the olive oil hot in the pan.
Crush the garlic cloves, and add them to the oil.
Add a dash of salt, pepper, and tarragon to the oil to flavor it.
Then, add all the meat.
Pan fry it until the red is almost gone- not too long or it will get tough!

Pile the lettuce, tomatoes, red onion, feta cheese,
cucumber sauce and meat on top of the pita,
and ENJOY!
(PS These are VERY messy!)
(PPS I hope that made sense... I suck at writing recipes!)


Ok, so we went and saw the new
Nightmare on Elm Street
First, a side note.
I am not a regular Freddy fan.
I have seen the original 100's of times (at least.)
I know every scene and line by heart, so I was a little nervous about this movie.
I wasn't sure what I wanted out of it.
(WARNING- this may contain spoilers!)
OK, the first scene was awesome.
(Park was sold by this one. Me, not convinced yet)
I wanted the story to be the same, but it wasn't.
And, everytime they would copy a scene from the original
(aka Freddy luring over Nancy's bed- which was ridiculous in the new one, duh! Fakey computer graphics NEVER look good)
I would look at the screen in disgust- wishing that my original movie was playing on the screen.
I was unfair to this movie.
How could anybody compare to Johnny Depp?
And the original Nancy BLEW the new Nancy out of the water
(why were her teeth clenched the whole time???)
And Freddy............ the new Freddy.
Ok, I liked him.
He was WAY more evil and they really pushed the child molester thing.
But, he was so short and he looked like the guy that got his face eaten off in Hannibal.
I missed Robert Englund.
I can't see anybody playing Freddy but him, ever.
I wanted an exact replica to be shown to me,
but I hated everytime they copied the original.
The bathtub scene sucked.
The body bag scene, just ok.
An where was Nancy's dad?
He was a vital part of the first one.
And, I missed the crazy, alcoholic mom.
I was bored, and only a few scenes pleased me.
(Matt and Whit fell asleep, ha ha)
The ending scene- Nancy's dream- was PERFECT.
Freddy was nasty and sassy, and things were dream-like and weird.
I won't even tell you my favorite line...so worth the whole movie!
Max liked it.
And all, in all- I liked it.
It was another Freddy movie for me to enjoy.
Was it what I wanted it to be? Not even close.
The original is still best.

1 comment:

Goosetavis said...

You kill me dear. Like seriously, I love your movie review. Even better? I love your recipe, I am starving now!!!!