Monday, April 18, 2011

Rain

We went to my Uncle Lorne's funeral today
It rained, hard, which seemed to fit perfectly
I loved hearing about him today
Stuff that I didn't know,
like his practical jokes, funny emails, and the amazing respect from his coworkers and friends
And stuff that I knew,
like his passion for Halloween, his amazing stories, his ability to nap anywhere,
and his love for my Di
I felt relief at the end of the day, and I hope his family did too
It hurts so much to see the people you love the most, hurting so badly
I feel so helpless, and I never know the right thing to say
So, I will say what I have said every time I have hugged my Di, Sar, and Coley
I. Love. You.
And, we are all here for you guys. always.
Sar- your words today were so sweet and so strong
Coley- every time I heard you laugh, I knew it would be ok
Zachy- you were so brave today, I was so proud of you
Di- your complete strength astounds me.
My whole family- I, again, am amazed by all of you.
What a lucky person I am to be apart of you.
I know that Uncle Lorne is looking over us,
and waiting for the day that he will be united with his family
Thanks for all the amazing memories
Rest in Peace

1 comment:

Greg and Sarah said...

so sorry about your uncle. what a hard thing to go through. my heart goes out to his family. as you probably know, my mom's younger brother died recently. it's always so hard when someone so young dies. i'm thinking of your cute family!