Thursday, July 15, 2010

Closer and Closer to 30

(this is me and some of my birthday posse)
(yes, Nellie likes to eat people's faces)

I am 26.
(EEP! The latter side of my 20's!)
But, what an AWESOME life I have-
I might be the happiest 26 year old. ever.

My birthday celebrations started with my Mom and Tone.
We went up to Park City and ate lunch at Wasatch Brewery-
me and Matty had Jalapeno Cream Ale
*licking my lips*
Then, we all went down to the Park Silly Sunday Market.
I wish we could go up EVERY Sunday-
it was beautiful!
And it was so great to hang out with everyone!
My Lou gave me pretty gold flats,
My Whit gave me an awesome wind chime,
And, my Mom and Tony gave me this beautiful family necklace-
my Mom knows me too well,
it is perfect!
On my actual Birthday,
I woke up to the house FULLY decorated.
Matty- you amaze me!!!
Not to mention the giant card all my boys made me, new stuff for school,
AND (drum roll please!)
a WATERPROOF camera case-
Can we go swimming now?? I NEED to play with it!!
This is my new favorite toy!!

Later that day,
Grama Pat and Jame planned a big trip to Seven Peaks!
We had a blast!!
Man, I love all these kids-
and it was so good to hang out with my Gram, Di, Jame, Sar, and Coley
I am so lucky to have such a great family!
(Grama- I went shopping and bought a pretty shirt and skirt, thank you!!)
And Di gave me the fluffiest, softest, bestest new blankie ever-
Be jealous.
I came home to a freakin FANTASTIC feast.
My Popsy and Beth made tons of homeade sushi,
seaweed and squid salad, miso soup, BBQ-ed squid, and homeade green tea ice cream
(Oh! I almost fainted!)
It was sooooo crazy delicious.
(oooh can't forget the sake and japanese beer!)
They bought me a giant new tripod that does things you can't imagine, and a new lense!!
Lish and Park bought me this beautiful mermaid decal for my bedroom
(more pics to come)
BTW- did I mention how much I love having sister in laws?
I was so happy not to get "Zombie Killer 7" this year
(not that I don't love that crap, hee hee)
AND-
Of course we had our annual balloon release! my favorite.

Thanks SO much everyone.
I don't know what I did to deserve all of you!!


PS:
Guess who is getting their degree in Elementary Education??
Me! Me! Me!
Starting this Fall, folks.....
You better get used to calling me Mrs. Traynor!
hee hee

5 comments:

Mackay Family said...

What an awesome birthday!

Congrats on going back to school. We can get through it together with 2 little boys. I start nursing school this fall

DAD said...

What you do to deserve this ???
Your the most wonderful Daughter a Dad could ever wish for. You are full of Love and radiate good Karma to everyone around you. Your a Great Mom, again following in your Dad's footsteps. You deserve the world and I am sure will have it someday.
PS: WHere the Hell did you get that picture of Devon in the teacher photo ??

lou,chase, and marley said...

Oh I love ya ash! So happy you had an awesome day... Well week!! Good luck with school! One day we will be there!!

Goosetavis said...

OH dearie I am glad you had a wonderful Birfday. Can't wait to see your face soon. Your dad is right, you do radiate good Karma. Love you bunches and I will see your sweet face soon. Happy 26th!!

roni.naegle@hotmail.com said...

I'm so glad you had such a wonderful birthday! I'm so very proud of all that you do. I think you are a wonderful mother, daughter, wife and friend and I hope that I had something to do with that :)
I Love You so much!
Mom