I am so proud of my spanish heritage and I have been begging my Grama to teach us how to make authentic tamales. She makes them every year for the Christmas party and they are SO delicious!!! She learned from my Great Grama V, and back in those days all the crazy ladies would get together and make homemade tortillas and tamales and all sorts of yummy mexican food. I wish I could have cooked with my Grama V. They used to pass around a bottle of Jose Cuervo and just laugh, cook, and eat. I am SO ready to bring these traditions back. It is so important to remember where we came from. I can't wait to teach my boys how to make this yummy food and oh yeah- there will be tequila.
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Yum Yum
I am so proud of my spanish heritage and I have been begging my Grama to teach us how to make authentic tamales. She makes them every year for the Christmas party and they are SO delicious!!! She learned from my Great Grama V, and back in those days all the crazy ladies would get together and make homemade tortillas and tamales and all sorts of yummy mexican food. I wish I could have cooked with my Grama V. They used to pass around a bottle of Jose Cuervo and just laugh, cook, and eat. I am SO ready to bring these traditions back. It is so important to remember where we came from. I can't wait to teach my boys how to make this yummy food and oh yeah- there will be tequila.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Those look so yummy!! I miss authentic tamales. The frozen ones just aren't the same.
Is Marley on her way yet?
Oh that looks awesome. Too bad I was so busy, I would have loved to join. I got your guys' christmas gifts! Are you ready?!?! I just got to find Max and Jacks and I have something in mind.
Thanks Love for always bringing your camera and posting all the great things we get to do together. I love you so much!
Mom
Post a Comment