Sunday, February 10, 2008

Jack is here!





So here's our story.....
I work up at the U of U hospital, and my OB had told me that if I hadn't gone into labor by my 40th week, she would be working nights and would try and have me come up so she could help things along. So I am sitting at my house all day Monday (the 4th) and I am going nuts- I am chasing Max around the house, using my breast pump, doing ANYTHING to get this baby here. Matt gets home, we have dinner and are watching a movie and at 8:00pm my OB calls and says "it's slow- come up here, pretend like you have had contractions all night and I'll admit you- let's get this baby here!" I was SO nervous!!! But, so excited, so we dropped Maxxy off at my dad's and headed up to the hospital. I was dilated to 3cm, and she said- ok let's start some high dose Petocin. So Matt and I watched Sixth Sense, then at about 1:00am my contractions were coming fast and hard. I gave in to an epidural and immediately felt better, but then everything started getting dark, so I told Matt, "I think I'm gonna pass out, yeah! I am passing out!" So, he runs out and yells at some lady sweeping in the hall and my nurse came and helped me. About 3:00am I was dilated to 5cm. Then at about 3:30pm I started feeling INTENSE pressure and terrible pain, my whole body was shaking, so the Anesthesiologist came back in about half an hour and helped me, but the pressure stayed and I actually squeezed my butt together so he wouldn't slip out! They didn't check me till 5:30am- we asked them to come earlier, but.... I called my dad and told him wait till we see what this check says. So my OB checked and almost broke her finger because his head was in the birth canal comming out! Matt called my dad back and said Come up- the baby is right here! So we started pushing and poor Jack's heartrate was going down to 60 so my OB said, no breaks just keep pushing, we gotta get him out.... about 5 minutes later they placed my beautiful Jack on my belly and I was SO HAPPY!!! He looks so much like Max it is awesome. He weighed 8lbs 8.5oz and was 23in (compared to Max's 9lbs 9oz 22in) I ended up losing more blood than normal, and passed out on the floor- totally freaking Matt, my Mom, and My dad out. But all was well- they took good care of me. I am just so happy to be at home with my boys. I love being a mom so much!!!!

2 comments:

The Morgans said...

Labor is so exciting!! Erica's heartrate kept dropping too. I think it scared Troy & my mom more than me though. Yeah, both our babies are here and are healthy!!!!!

Becky said...

Oh my goodness, Ash. I'm so happy it went okay! Jack is such a cute little guy. Aren't babies miracles?