Saturday, February 16, 2013

RSV rears it's ugly head (again)

 After this lovely, sunshiney day at the park,
we came home that night and Miss Lu was just not acting like her self. 
She passed out without me even rocking her (which is not normal, at all)
 She woke up the next day looking like this:
(goopy, sadness!)
 We rubbed some Vicks on her feet and suctioned out her nose every hour
 Propped up, she finally got some real sleep
 That night, I woke up and realized she was BLAZING hot.
I sat up so fast.
Took her temp: 104 degrees!
I immediately ran a bath to try and cool her body down.
I was so scared, and I called the on call doc.
He said she was ok to wait until morning.
My poor babe was just whimpering.
(cold wash cloth on her head)
 We both fell asleep, woke up early, and she was still so miserable.
I was walking around trying to get ready for the doc, 
and she was making the saddest noise :(
 Doc's diagnosis: double ear infection and RSV
RX: Antibiotics and hospital suctioning for a week
UGH.
 The suctioning was going well, but then she started getting really dehydrated
I kept counting hour after hour with no urine at all.
2 whole days went passed, and nothing!
FINALLY, the little blue pee line!!
I knew she was finally on the road to recovery !
 Feeling better!!
phew.

No comments: