
At 2:00am, on November 20, 2011
when he was only 4 1/2 years old,
we had to say good-bye.
Our poor babe's stomach twisted (the dreaded bloat)
and, the docs were unable to save him.
To say we were crushed, is an understatement.
Enough about the sad part of Bruno's life,
let's talk about how amazing he was.
First of all, this dog could eat EVERYTHING
He was a constantly drooling over every morsel of food around him.
He had the stinkiest dog farts in the world,
He was a true Scooby Doo dog, ha ha ha!
Speaking of drool,
oh. the. DROOL.
This boy's jowls were so deliciously hilarious
You could never walk past Bruney without a big slobber on your belly,
I never knew how much I would miss gooey love bubbles on my shirt.
And those ears,
those long, flowing, floppy ears.
They always sailed behind you when you ran,
and they were so soft.
Matty loved his ears.

He was Sesi's best friend and he always tried to keep up with her.
His giant, clumsy legs would gallop behind her
They loved each other
She was always licking him, and taking care of him
Just like a momma should.

He was Max's dog from the very beginning,
he always took care of Max and made sure he could see him at all times.
(Can you believe how small they both are in the picture above?)
When Jacky was born, we were a little nervous having such a giant around our tiny boy.
Bruno became even more gentle than he already was.
Every time Jack would crawl on top of him,
he would concentrate so hard on staying still.
It was so sweet!
He always had a kiss ready for his boys.

The BEST memory I have of me and my boy was this summer.
I brought Bruno to the Annual Family Picnic,
and he followed me around like a shadow.
He even stood at the door while I was in the bathroom.
My dad tried to call him, but he wouldn't leave until I came out.
He went down the slide with all the kids with a HUGE smile on his face.
We had such a great day.
I couldn't believe that he loved me so much.
He was so loyal.

He was Matty's baby.
One of Matt's long-life dreams was to own a great dane named Bruno.
When we chose him, (or when he chose us),
Bruno cuddled right into Matt and we knew.
Since then, Bruno lived and breathed for Matt.
He was constantly waiting for Matt to talk to him or touch him.
Matty was so proud of his Bruno.

I know you are playing with our Bandit,
Grama's Peggy Sue,
Sammi's Tony bear,
Lindsey's Cinder,
Devon's Kanga,
and all the other puppies that we miss.
Take care of all of our family up there with you.
Slobber on them a lot.
Watch over our boys, giant angel.



5 comments:
BRUUUUUUUUNOOOOO ! I Loved teasing him and trying my hardest to fatten him up. I couldn't walk the road at the cabin without Bruno's big head next to me. He watched over Matt, Ash, Sesi and the boys every second. I never had to worry about any of them, and I'm sure he is watching over them still. He Loved going to the cabin with his family and cousins. He'd let Ace think he was the biggest and strongest. This Gentle Giant made everyone feel like they were the most important to him. He is the definition of Unconditional Love. He wanted nothing more in his life than to make everyone, Man or animal, feel happy. We Love you Bruno and miss you. Dad, Beth, Bauer, Ace and Calvin.
Oh my! This made me cry! Looks like he had the greatest most fantastic life with you and the boys. Im glad Bruno had so much love from your family, so is he.
Oh Ash! That was beautifully written. Brought tears to my eyes! Sorry again for the loss in your family!
Big tear! He was a lucky pup...
So sorry! What a good dog! So glad he had such a wonderful family while he was here!
Post a Comment